Back to Recipes
Walnut and Chickpea Balls (Laddu)
This is a recipe from Phyl. It's delicious and a great way to end a curry meal.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups chickpea (garbanzo) flour
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add chickpea flour, walnuts and nutmeg.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, 10 - 15 minutes or until mixture gets golden brown.
- Remove from heat, add icing sugar and cardamom. Add a bit of melted butter, if mixture is too dry and doesn't stick together
- Spread out; when cool, form balls.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Can be sprinkled lightly with ground cardamom, if desired