Back to Recipes
This is Loey's recipe--it's delicious! Loey is one of those cooks who adds a little of this and a little of that, then tastes and adjusts. If you're like me and need EXACT measurements, you'll need to see what works for you and write it down....
- lasagna noodles (can be gluten-free noodles)
- small container of ricotta cheese
- mozarella cheese
- vegetables (mix of eggplant, zuchini, mushrooms)
- 1 jar of spagetti sauce
- herbs to taste (oregano or other)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Slice an eggplant into thin slices and fry in olive oil until soft. (a lower fat alternative might be to bake for 1/2 hour and slice)
and/or slice and saute zuchini or mushrooms
- Boil enough lasagna noodles to cover a 9 x 11 baking pan twice - or 3 times for a heftier lasagna
- Put a little bit of spagetti sauce on the bottom of the pan, then layer
noodles, vegetables, ricotta cheese, spagetti sauce, mozarella cheese
(I put two layers of noodles and end with the mozarella cheese but you may want to put a third layer of noodles in which case you just put spagetti sauce and mozarella cheese over the last layer of noodles.)
- Bake at 350' for 35 - 40 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with fresh parmesan.