Back to Recipes
Tex-Mex Cornmeal Crepes
Here's one recipe of Mexican food that we like. - Betty
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of beer, if you have beer; otherwise use milk plus 3 Tbsp.
- Mix all dry ingredients well.
- Add beer or milk and butter. Mix well. Can be fixed 1 hour ahead of
time so it can sit a while.
Filling is your choice. You can use any combination of the following:
We have made meat as well as vegetarian crepes. You can roll them up like
tamales and pour sauce on top (my favorite way).
- shredded chicken or pork
- chili sauce
- chili made of pinto beans ( a bit thick, not runny) or refried beans
- lettuce and tomato, chopped
- shredded cheese
- Picante sauce to give it spice