Back to Recipes
A restaurant near us serves a wonderful Spinach Bisque, but they keep their recipe a secret. I've found the flavor of this bisque is close--but not equal--to theirs so this is the one we make.
- 4 packages frozen spinach, chopped (Birds' Eye recommended)
- 3 pints half and half
- 1/2 can chicken broth (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 - 8 oz. pkgs creamed cheese, cut in cubes
- Put spinach in large pot and heat until warm.
- Add half-and-half and chicken broth. Heat until very warm.
- Add parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese. Heat until melted.
- Drop in cubes of creamed cheese; heat until melted.
- Continue heating soup until it is quite hot, but not boiling.
- Sprinkle with seasoned pepper and parsley. Serve.