Back to Recipes
Rice Krispie Caramel Bars
Kids love these. Easy to make when a gang of kids is coming over.
- 1 pkg. Kraft caramels
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 -4 T. water
- Put caramels in microwavable bowl; add 3 - 4 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave caramels until melted, stirring often.
- Put Rice Krispies into buttered bowl.
- Pour caramel over cereal; mix with buttered hands.
- Press onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle on: 1 large bag chocolate chips (we prefer milk chocolate) OR 1 small bag chocolate chips and 1 small bag butterscotch chips
- Heat in 200' oven until soft (about 10 minutes)
- Spread. Cool.
- Cut before completely cool.
- Can also be shaped into balls, attached to a popsicle stick, and dipped into melted chocolate for a special treat.