Back to Recipes
Betty's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This is a cookie recipe that Betty and Carl gave me. They are absolutely delicious, and easy to make. Bets and Carl say that they freeze very well, so you can make them ahead when you have company....or little kids....coming.
- 1 cup shortening (I use butter)
- 3/4 C brown sugar packed down
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- 1 cup of raisins (or you can use chocolate chips)
- 2 cups of oatmeal, old fashioned and uncooked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat eggs and add one at a time.
- Add the hot water and sifted dry ingredients.
- Add raisins, oatmeal and vanilla.
- Mix well and drop by teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
- Makes 100 small cookies and fewer if large.