Back to Recipes
Great cookie for kids. They like the crisscross pattern and peanut butter taste. I use smooth peanut butter but you can also use chunky if you like the peanut bits in them.
- 1 cup shortening (I use margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar packed down
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cooky sheet.
- Press with back of floured fork to make crisscross.
- Bake at 350' about 10 minutes or till light brown.
- Makes about 5 dozen.