Back to Recipes
Margy made this for us siblings for Christmas and it is absolutely delicious. Be sure to try it.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not the instant)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 2/3 cup honey (less if don't want it as sweet)...or may substitute mixture of 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar + 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried milk
- 1/4 cup water
- if desired, add vanilla extract to taste, and/or cinnamon
- whatever other nuts or dried fruits/berries you like (I like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, banana chips broken up, pineapple bits, dried blueberries and cranberries, chopped dates, walnuts, pecans, flaxseed meal for fiber, roasted soy nuts)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, and whatever other nuts & berries, dried fruits you like.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, oil and salt.
- Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into large bowl.