Back to Recipes
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 T. rice flour
- 1/2 c. yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 T. oil
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. water
- 1 tsp. rose water
- 1/4 tsp yellow food color or saffron water
- Sift the flour with baking powder.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Combine flour, yeast, water, food color, yogurt, baking powder and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix well to make batter of the consistency of thick cream. Cover the batter for 4 hours.
- Mix sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan, bring it to boil until thick syrup is formed. Remove from heat and add rose water.
- Heat 4 cups oil in a Chinese wok over medium heat.
- Put the prepared batter in a plastic dispenser and dribble directly into the hot oil like shape of pretzel of figure of 8 shape. Cook for 1 minutes, then turn other side. Fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Dip each jalebies into prepared syrup for 1 minutes, then drain on rack.