Back to Recipes
- 12 c. powdered milk
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 c. oil for deep frying
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Combine sugar and 4 cups water in a saucepan. Bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes until you get light syrup.
- Mix milk powder, flour, salt, butter, baking soda and cream.
- Make a soft dough kneading back and forth.
- Divide the dough into equal portions or 30 small balls 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and fry the balls gently until golden brown. If heat is too high lower the heat.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place all the fried balls into thin syrup. Sprinkle with rose water.