Back to Recipes
Favorite Chai Tea
This is the second Chai Tea recipe sent in by Kristin. (Also see Masala
- 1 Tbsp fennel or anise seed
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 inch ginger root, sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp. black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 c. water
- 2 Tbsp Darjeeling tea
- 6 Tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 c. milk
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in 7 cups of water in pan.
- Boil 5 minutes, then steep 10 minutes.
- Add tea, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and milk. Makes 6-8 cups.