Back to Recipes
Grace's Delicious Enchiladas
Several years ago Frank and I visited Grace and she made us the most
delicious enchiladas I'd ever tasted. She wrote down the recipe for me,
and this is it. Have fun making them---and enjoy remembering the neat
times we had with Grace. -Jo
- 2 dozen corn tortillas
- 2 lb. hamburger
- 2 T. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 - 4 chopped or ground garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans (med. size) tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 cans water to make saucy chili mixture
- chopped onion
- grated cheese
- Lightly fry hamburger.
- Add chili powder, salt & pepper, chopped or ground garlic and cumin;
fry for a short time.
- Add tomato sauce and water to make chili mixture.
- Dip tortilla in chili until soft. Place in baking pan and fill with
spoonful of meat, small amount of onion and cheese. Roll up. Repeat until
chili is almost gone.
- Reserve some onion, cheese and sauce to put over enchiladas in pan.
- Bake 15 min. @ 350'.