Back to Recipes
Barb's Cranberry Orange Pecan Biscotti
I made almond biscotti with this recipe by changing the extract to almond, and substituting the pecans and cranberries with 1 cup of slivered almonds. Worked great! My next idea is to modify the recipe to make mocha biscotti... -Barb
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. lemon or orange extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 3/4 cup chopped dried orange-flavored cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Cooking spray or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the first 4 ingredients with a mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add this to the sugar mixture, beating until well-blended.
- Stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Turn dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (or margarine). Shape the dough into a 12-inch-long roll; flatten to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top of the dough. Bake at 350
for 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Cut roll diagonally into 24 (3/4 inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes (biscotti will be slightly soft in center but will
harden as cools; cook for a shorter time if you don't want them as hard)