Back to Recipes
Adapted from Barb's Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup couscous
- water according to couscous box directions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lime (or lemon) juice
- 3 large tomatoes, diced (I use a bunch of cherub tomatoes)
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 3 to 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped (opt)
- Bring water to boil in a medium-size saucepan. Reduce heat and add couscous.
- Cover and remove from heat; allow 5 minutes for couscous to absorb heat, then fluff with fork.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Gently stir in cooked couscous. Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.