Back to Recipes
Cream Cheese Brownies
This can be made either as brownies (by using a jelly roll pan) or more
like a cake (by using a large cake pan). Great when you have to take
treats to a gathering!
- 1 pkg. Betty Crocker Supermoist German Chocolate mix
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- additional milk chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Grease and flour jelly roll pan 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1" (for more
brownie-type treats) or a 13" x 9 1/2" x 2" cake pan (for more cake-like
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Pour into pan.
- Mix softened cream cheese, egg, sugar and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto batter. Cut through batter with knife
several times for marbled effect.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and nuts. (I pretty much cover
the batter with these.)
- Bake until cake springs back when touched lightly in center or when
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean---about 25-30 minutes for
jelly roll pan, about 35-40 minutes (or slightly more) for cake pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool.