Back to Recipes
Bets' Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 2/3 cup apple cider or 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T molasses
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds, if you have it
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of cloves
- Combine ingredients and heat in a medium sauce pan.
- Simmer over low heat until thick. Cool and stir.
- I cut up chicken breasts in thin strips and brown them lightly. Then I
simmer them with this sauce and put it in fresh French bread sandwiches
with pickles, etc. Great!