Back to Recipes
If you have a Slow Cooker, this is an easy dish to make and the barbecue flavor is really tasty.
- 3 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Place chuck roast in Slow Cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl. Pour barbecue sauce mixture over chuck roast.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from Slow Cooker; shred meat with fork. Place shredded meat back in Slow Cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce.
- Spoon meat onto sandwich buns and top with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
- Makes 12 servings.