Back to Recipes
Fran's Apple Pie with Red Hots
When Frank and Jo visited Paul and Fran recently, they had a delightful
treat. Fran had made a deep dish apple pie with red hots in it, something
she had learned from her mother. Try it---it's fantastic!
- 7 Jonathon apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup red hots
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbl. flour
- dash salt
- pie crust
- Mix together filling ingredients.
- Put into deep dish pie crust.
- Bake at 400' for about 50 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream. Sit back and enjoy!