Back to Recipes
We have an apple farm near us and this is one of my favorite desserts to make with the freshly-picked apples in the fall. Use the crisp, slightly-tart types of apples you use for pies. -Jo
- 5 cups sliced pared tart apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Arrange apples in buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press mixture over apples.
- Bake at 350' for 45 to 50 minutes or till top is browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream.