Back to Crafts
This is a recipe for you next-generation parents. I use it all the time
with the kids in my classroom. It's nontoxic (important in our class!), is
easier to use than clay, and lasts a long time if you double-seal it in
ziploc containers. I usually double the recipe. -Jo
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. salt
- 1 t. oil
- 2 t. cream of tartar
- 1 c. water
- few drops of food coloring
- Mix the flour, salt, oil and cream of tartar.
- Add water and food coloring; mix thoroughly.
- Cook over medium heat and stir until mixture sticks together.
- Put into wet washcloth and knead.
- Cool, then store in a sealed container.
- Have fun!